insurance

Milan Eye Center gladly accepts most insurances and health plans. Be sure to bring your insurance card with you every time you visit Milan Eye Center. Please notify the front desk whenever your insurance coverage changes so the medical staff can accurately maintain your important medical records. Have questions about insurance? Contact Milan Eye Center if you want additional information and details pertaining to your specific insurance coverage.

Many insurance plans require patients to make a co-payment at the time of their visit. Milan Eye Center makes every effort to make each patient’s visit as easy and time efficient as possible.

Most Insurances Accepted

  • AARP
  • Aetna
  • Alliant Health Plans HMO / PPO
  • Anthem
  • Assurant Health
  • BCBS
  • Care Improvement Plus (Medicare)
  • Cigna HMP / PPO / POS
  • Coventry
  • Empire State
  • Evolutions
  • First Health
  • Health One
  • Humana
  • Humana Medicare PPO
  • Medicaid
  • Medicare
  • Multiplan
  • NovaNet
  • PHCS PPO
  • SuperMed (Formerly 1st MN) PPO
  • Tri-care
  • United Healthcare (All Products)
  • USA MCO

Medicare Cataract Surgery Benefits

Cataracts affect millions of Americans, and is a leading cause of blindness worldwide. In the U.S., cataract surgery is the most commonly performed surgical procedure in those 65 and older. Announced in early May 2005, Medicare now allows recipients the choice of receiving basic lens replacement (IOL), paid in full by Medicare, or applying the credit to new replacement lenses that can correct both near and farsightedness (multifocal IOLs) in addition to cataract removal. Patients would then be responsible for paying the difference.

Medicare Glaucoma Benefits

The Benefits Improvement and Protection Act (BIPA) of 2000 provides annual coverage for glaucoma screening exams for eligible Medicare beneficiaries. A leading cause of blindness, glaucoma affects close to 2.5 million Americans age 40 and older. African Americans are four to five times more likely to be blinded by glaucoma than Caucasians, and can develop it earlier with risk increasing by age 35.

Under BIPA, Medicare will cover 80% of the doctor’s screening exam fee. The patient or his/her secondary insurance must pick up the patient’s deductible and the remaining 20% balance. A minimum of 366 days is required between screening visits.

To qualify for this glaucoma coverage you must be at high-risk, as described by the Department of Health and Human Services:

  • Individuals with a family history of glaucoma, (family defined as a blood parent or sibling)
  • Individuals with diabetes, (either diet-controlled, oral-agent controlled, or insulin-dependent)
  • African Americans age 50 and older who meet eligibility requirements for Medicare.

* Because people with diabetes need to have an eye exam at least once a year, Medicare recipients should be sure to make full use of the yearly glaucoma screening benefit to receive an eye exam that can check for both glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.

Medicare Prescription Drug Benefits

Older Americans should know that help is available for the costs of prescription drugs, including those taken for their eyes. All Medicare beneficiaries – no matter how they get their health care today or whether they have existing drug coverage – are eligible for drug coverage under a Medicare prescription drug plan. This includes eye medications.

Source: Prevent Blindness Georgia

Make an Appointment

testimonials

“Seeing Dr. Sajja was very easy and efficient. He was very thorough and professional. He was also very honest in what he felt needed to be done. He also had a very good bedside manner and was caring, nothing was painful at all. The surgery was a quick procedure and I was in excellent care. I was amazed that Dr. Sajja himself called me two days after surgery to check-up on me!”
R.E.

“Dr. Milan Patel is an excellent, caring physician. From the initial exam through cataract surgery he was very patient with explaining the surgery and recovery process. I had both eyes replaced with new lenses and felt extremely comfortable through both procedures. I highly, highly recommend him!”
Anonymous

“I was scared of having my cataracts removed, but the doctor and all of the staff made me most comfortable. There was no pain & the recovery was short. I would recommend Dr. Desai to anyone who needs surgery. And the people who work there are just wonderful”
Deb Hallinyer

Menu
×
Menu