The welfare of our patients, team members, and community remains our top priority amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Milan Eye Center has implemented the following protocols for both the Clinical and Surgical settings to ensure the health and safety of our team members and patients:
1. Telemedicine will continue to be offered as an option for qualifying patients. This allows patients to connect and continue care with Milan Eye Center providers from the safety of their homes.
2. Patients will be asked pre-screening questions upon visit confirmation.
– Have you been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19?
– Do you and/or anyone you have been in contact with currently have a Fever, any symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
3. Patients and guests will have their temperatures taken before entry, and will be pre-screened for any symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, etc.)
4. Our team members will wear KN95 masks, and single-use disposable gloves at all times during the visit.
5. Air purifiers were installed at our clinic locations. The IQAir Atem purifiers have the only technology with HyperHEPA filter, which delivers 99.5% purified air, and stops ultrafine particles down to 0.003 microns. (SARS-COV-2 virus is ~0.1 micron size).
6. Plexiglass Barriers were installed for added protection during moderate-to-prolonged contact between team members and patients.
7. Slit-lamp shields have been installed in all clinic rooms.
8. We have intentionally reduced Clinical and Surgical volume to preserve social distancing guidelines.
9. We have rearranged our waiting rooms and clinical layout to ensure patients and guests can remain a minimum of six feet apart.
10. We ask that no additional guests accompany patients unless they are a caregiver or may need to provide physical assistance.
11. We have designated team members that will monitor and disinfect all major touchpoints between patient interactions.
12. Exam rooms, all instruments, and testing equipment will be cleaned and sanitized between patient visits.
How to prepare for your appointment:
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support during this time! We are honored to serve you and can not wait to see you soon!